Ad ID: 1652
Added: January 10, 2022
City: Brussel (Bruxelles)
Recruiting Organization: International Centre for Migration Policy Development
How to Submit Application: Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD expert roster at https://expert-roster.icmpd.org/current-vacancies/
Contract type: Internship
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 19 Member States and active in more than 90 countries worldwide, ICMPD takes a regional approach in its work to create efficient cooperation and partnerships along migration routes. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 380+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD is inviting all interested candidates to apply for the Capacity Development Intern position for the European Union Global Diaspora Facility (EUDiF).
EUDiF is the first-ever global effort aiming to strengthen collaboration and engagement between diaspora development organisations, countries of origin and the European Union (EU). The Facility, which runs from June 2019 until December 2022, is funded by the EU and implemented by the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD).
EUDiF consists of four interlinking components:
- Research and knowledge management activities, including a global mapping of diaspora engagement and thematic case studies;
- Targeted capacity development activities for countries of origin and diaspora organisations;
- Outreach, consultations and meetings with diaspora organisations in Europe, EU partner countries and EU Member States;
- Mobilisation of diaspora experts for development projects.
Together, these activities will generate a consolidated knowledge base on diaspora engagement practices, address the capacity building needs and priorities of governments and diaspora organisations, strengthen and expand pre-existing networks, formalise diaspora-EU interaction and promote diaspora as development actors.
Please note that this position is subject to approval and availability of project funds.
- The intern provides support to the work of the EUDiF team based in ICMPD’s Brussels mission in Belgium, under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme Global Initiatives and Senior Project Manager that monitor, evaluate, guide and provide professional development.
- The Internship is conceived as a full-time entry-level short-term opportunity for people interested in preparing for a career in co-development and/or international project management.
- The EUDiF Internship Programme relies on a win-win approach.
- On one hand, young students and professionals from the diaspora will gain direct and unique hands-on experience in the implementation of this innovative EU-funded project on diaspora engagement. On the other hand, the EUDiF team will benefit from the knowledge and personal experience of the interns to support project activities.
- Ultimately, the Internship Programme also contributes to mainstream diaspora expertise into development projects and to invest into the education and professional development of highly-skilled youth diaspora members.
Be the first one to reply